We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia.
We aren't the everyday run of the mill agency.
We specialise in searching and selecting technical leaders for highly progressive, innovative and growing businesses. We are experts. We are fast. We make things happen for our clients and candidates confidentially across the world.
Franklin Smith have partnered with an Australian coal mining company, with operations throughout NSW, who are seeking a Mining Engineer to join their team. With a hugely experienced and respected senior management team our client has a track record of coaching, mentoring and developing a talented team of mining professionals. Their continual growth has raised the need to bring on an engineer who can work successfully as part of a team and in an autonomous environment.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience in an open cut coal operation with the ability to use your own initiative with minimal supervision. The perfect candidate will be driven and have sound understanding of mine design, planning, and scheduling.
- Develop mine design, planning and scheduling in accordance with Production Plan conditions in a detailed and timely manner
- Apply production performance tracking, analysis, and reporting to monitor progress of the mine operation
- Utilise data analysis to identify performance trends and improvement opportunities
- Build and establish close working relationships, with all parties involved, communicating all planning and improvement initiatives
- Ensure the implementation and compliance of all safety, environmental, and legislative requirements
- Support the development of site budgets and financial forecasts
- Degree qualified in Mining Engineering or tertiary related discipline
- Experience in many aspects of Mine Planning; more specifically excavator, truck & shovel designs & plans
- Demonstrated technical engineering skills proficiency
- Ability to embrace change and strive in a continuous improvement environment
- Well versed in Vulcan, Deswik, and/or MineScape software is advantageous
- Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills to build and maintain productive working relationships
Please send an updated CV and cover letter via the apply button or contact Kyle Robin for more info on 0416286829.