We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia.
We aren't the everyday run of the mill agency.
We specialise in searching and selecting technical leaders for highly progressive, innovative and growing businesses. We are experts. We are fast. We make things happen for our clients and candidates confidentially across the world.
We are currently working on behalf of one of Australia’s major commercial construction companies in the search for a Senior Estimator. With over 400 employees and established more than 45 years they have built their business on successfully delivering heritage, apartments, hotels, car parks, education and retail projects. Due to continued growth the company is experiencing they are now seeking a Senior Estimator to join the Pre Construction team who have a combined 60+ years’ experience.
With this company you will get autonomy but support, genuine opportunity to progress and some of the most innovative technology that allows for quicker and more accurate estimates across the board.
- Estimate the costs of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
- Promote clients values towards its customer in order to meet or exceed their expectations
- Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner.
- Advise line Manager of improvements / innovation within the company or externally that you become aware of.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Previous experience in a main contracting estimating position with more than 6 years experience
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
To discuss the above role in more detail or to enquire about other interesting job opportunities, please contact Michael Donaghy on 0450294639, alternatively, please e-mail a copy of your CV and covering letter [email protected]