Are you looking for a new role? Do you want to work in a fast paced environment with exposure to grow?
Our client is looking for a senior software developer to join their growing team to make a difference in the industry.
And it’s not all about work! They have a great culture at their head office, with humour being an essential ingredient, a thriving social club and more.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Innovation Delivery, this role is part of a wider team whose core objective is to enable our business to thrive. You’ll have ownership of support delivery. Expect to collaborate with industry professionals, web developers and their technical leadership team as part of a dynamic, distributed and fast-paced team. Together they are responsible for, and passionate about, building and maintaining elegant, high-impact business applications that significantly improve our business operations.
Thinking ‘outside of the box’ is what it’s all about and as part of this talented team, you will assist with upgrading and supporting legacy systems, web-based applications, mobile apps and IoT enabled smart apps, using low code and conventional platforms. No two days will be the same and day to day activities will require you to:
- Develop proof of concepts (PoCs) and provide demonstration to stakeholders for digital products
- Work with customers to capture and define requirements
- Participate in all project activities particularly in technical design sessions with cross-functional teams to define business process flow, UI/UX design, data definition, security and user authentication
- Assist with the estimation of effort for development tasks associated with projects and initiatives
- Establish implementation capabilities and limitations, performance requirements and interfaces for the end-user solution
- Work with testers to ensure automated regression testing facilities are updated as required
- Discuss major re-factors of code with other development resource so that high level consistency of coding practice and architecture are discussed and maintained
- Create code within existing pipeline procedure and merge multiple branches of code into the central develop branch ready for testing then deployment
- Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing, testing and resolving business-as-usual system problems and issues with existing applications.
Some other qualities that will help you succeed:
- An appropriate qualification in computer science or related field
- Proven work experience as a full-stack developer
- Proven experience with c#, .net, react, azure devops
- Knowledge of API’s and experience in software integration
- A strong track record with Agile and SCRUM framework
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence (or similar tools)
- A love of working collaboratively in a team that is all about delivering to high standards
Need more convincing?
This role will give you opportunity to grow and exposure to progress through your career at a faster pace. The remuneration package is above market rates and a continuous training and development incentive.
If this sounds like you, get in touch today. Applicants for this role will need to be based in NZ with full working rights.