Senior PM | Rail signalling
WE ARE FRANKLIN SMITH and we have the number one opportunity in Australia for a SENIOR PM from a signalling background. Join one of the most recognisable names in the signalling sector
We are currently seeking a Senior Signalling PM for work on some of Australia’s largest and most well-known projects. This large-scale project will benefit train users, pedestrians, cyclists and drivers by improving safety, reducing congestion and enabling more frequent train services.
You will support the Construction Manager, by providing effective project management of specific signalling projects, drawing together project requirements and ensuring OH&S, quality, cost, time and scope parameters of the projects are adequately set out and achieved.
Senior PM duties:
· Responsible for the effective project management of assigned signalling projects which includes scope, planning, costing, design, construction, testing, commissioning and commercial management.
· Ensure that safety of the operating system is at the forefront of all negotiations, meetings and activities and is not compromised during the project and safety of contractors and employees is at the forefront of all project related activities.
· Provide effective project management by;
o obtaining from clients or developing a project brief;
o defining scope of works for projects and obtaining client signoff;
o providing budget estimate to the client and obtaining client signoff;
o preparing project plans and schedules;
o negotiating resource availability;
o securing appropriate project resources; and
o directing projects through to implementation into commissioning and reporting on timelines.
· Manage any contracts, and Contractors, engaged to deliver the project, including contract administration, ensuring that all contractual requirements are met and that the Project is delivered on site.
· Manage the interfaces between various disciplines, capturing any disputes and ensuring effective resolutions to the benefit of the overall program.
· Provide specialist support on technical aspects of the project and liaise with nominated external specialist support resources.
· Consult with external agencies on critical issues that impact on projects, and achieve agreement on the most appropriate course of action that meets pre-determined objectives
Skills and experience required:
· Tertiary qualification in Engineering admitting to corporate membership of the Institution of Engineers (Australia)
· Extensive signalling experience with management and/or maintenance of rail signalling infrastructure on rail-based projects.
· Extensive experience in railway signalling construction
· Demonstrated experience in the engineering principles of planning and scheduling.
· Experience in the testing and commissioning process
· Knowledge of engineering report preparation techniques.
P: 0426 663 938
Please contact Paudie on the above details asap for more information and a confidential chat