We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia.
We aren't the everyday run of the mill agency.
We specialise in searching and selecting technical leaders for highly progressive, innovative and growing businesses. We are experts. We are fast. We make things happen for our clients and candidates confidentially across the world.
Franklin Smith have now partnered with one of Melbourne’s leading water infrastructure providers who are now looking to add a Senior Estimator to their expert team of Estimators & Cost Planners.
Our client’s stellar reputation for successfully delivering many of the country’s most technically challenging projects has resulted in a strategic growth plan to take a step up in terms of project values, which will provide staff with opportunities to sink their teeth into some larger projects. You will be working with ambitious, innovative and highly motivated individuals from across the business to develop best in class quality submissions.
Due to their strategic growth, our client is seeking to hire a Senior Estimator with over 8 years post qualification experience in Australia.
The ideal candidate will be driven, meticulous, and consultative to clients and stakeholders of the business, a true professional. The perfect candidate will also have more than 8 years Estimating experience in QLD or NSW and have reported to a board of directors.
- Estimate the cost of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
- Manage and control the budget and valuations with the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation
- Support the fulfillment of the programme on time and to the required quality while maximising the gross profit and client’s satisfaction
- Promote our client’s values towards its customer in order to meet or exceed their expectations
- Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner
- Prior experience within Water is essential
- Degree in Civil engineering, similar tertiary qualifications or experience working in trade
- 8+ years’ experience in estimating with at least 3 years in a senior role
- Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Please send an updated CV and cover letter via the apply button or contact Kyle Robin for more info on 0416286829.