We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia.
We aren't the everyday run of the mill agency.
We specialise in searching and selecting technical leaders for highly progressive, innovative and growing businesses. We are experts. We are fast. We make things happen for our clients and candidates confidentially across the world.
Franklin Smith have now partnered with one of Brisbane’s leading infrastructure providers who are now looking to add a Senior Estimator to their expert team of expert professionals.
Our client is one of the best in Brisbane are looking to add a Senior Estimator to their team on the back of a strategic growth plan going into 2020. With an ambitious, innovative and highly motivated team, employees are given genuine autonomy to take initiative in their roles, whilst being given the necessary support required to succeed.
The ideal candidate will be driven, meticulous, with knowledge in all aspects of the estimator role and have a proven track record of working on high profile projects previously. The perfect candidate will also have more than 8 years Estimating experience in Australia.
- Estimate the cost of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
- Manage and control the budget and valuations with the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation
- Support the fulfillment of the programme on time and to the required quality while maximising the gross profit and client’s satisfaction
- Promote our client’s values towards its customer in order to meet or exceed their expectations
- Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner
- Degree in Civil engineering, similar tertiary qualifications or experience working in trade
- 8+ years’ experience in estimating
- Prior experience within Water is advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in first principles estimating
- Proven understanding of construction methodologies – earthworks, drainage, concrete
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- High level of computer literacy, in particular MS Excel, scheduling software and estimating packages
Please send an updated CV and cover letter via the apply button or contact Kyle Robin for more info on 0416286829.