Franklin Smith have the opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor with significant exposure to interior Commercial construction to join an industry renowned contractor on a 6-12-month contract which could potentially lead to a permanent position.
This is a company that has been at the forefront of the construction industry in Auckland for more than 30 years and continue to dominate the commercial market.
Due to some changes in the project and additional workload, Franklin Smith are recruiting for a Quantity surveyor to join forces with the current Lead QS and see the project through its fitout to delivery stage of this office and carpartk development.
This will be a minimum 6-month contract although could potentially lead to a permanent position and the candidate will be required to have experience in NZ construction across fitout and commercial projects.
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Company type: Main Contractor
Contract type: Contractor (PAYE or GST)
Contract duration: Long term contract
Salary: $60-$80 PH
Project Types: Commercial retail and Carpark development
- The Quantity surveyor will be responsible for daily site based cost reporting, measuring changes, managing the fitout subtrades, also liasing with the construction site team including supervising day-to-day activities.
- Ensuring all work is of required standard
- Performance management and employee development.
- Supporting the senior QS in cost focused planning work and managing relevant parties in carrying site inspections, plus other associated duties.
- Successful candidate will have significant demonstrable experience working for commercial main contractors, with excellent construction knowledge and problem-solving skills, excellent people management and communication skills.
- They will have strong experience of managing sub-contractors and liaising with all relevant stakeholders.
- Additional commercial awareness would be desirable.
To discuss the above role in more detail or to enquire about other interesting job opportunities, please contact Kat Evans on 021975899, alternatively, please e-mail a copy of your CV and covering letter [email protected]