We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia.
We aren't the everyday run of the mill agency.
We specialise in searching and selecting technical leaders for highly progressive, innovative and growing businesses. We are experts. We are fast. We make things happen for our clients and candidates confidentially across the world.
Franklin Smith have now partnered with a leading underground mining contractor who are looking to bring on an experienced underground mining engineer to strengthen their team of mining specialists. Our client boasts a strong pipeline of projects giving their expert team the opportunity to work on major, high profile projects. With an emphasis on long-term growth, there is ample opportunity for career development within this company.
The ideal candidate will have 4+ years’ experience in hard rock underground mining operations with the ability to use your own initiative with minimal supervision. The perfect candidate will demonstrate a safety-first mentality and have sound understanding of underground mine design, planning, and scheduling.
- Responsible for design and engineering for all UG mine planning
- Apply production analysis, and reporting to monitor and manage performance targets
- Conduct engineering support activities for mine production activities
- Prepare and present accurate detailed reports to various stakeholders
- Ensure the implementation and compliance of all safety, environmental, and legislative requirements
- Maintain and improve Drill and Blast procedures, standards and practices
- Support the development of site budgets and financial forecasts
- Degree qualified in Mining Engineering or tertiary related discipline
- Experience in hard rock underground mining operations
- Working knowledge of UG mine design and optimisation software
- Ability to provide timely and accurate preparation of drill and blast plans
- Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Able to embrace change and strive in a continuous improvement environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills to build and maintain productive working relationships
Please send an updated CV and cover letter via the apply button or contact Kyle Robin for more info on 0416286829.