Franklin Smith are continuing their long-standing relationship with one of New Zealand’s best-known building services contractors, traditionally specialising in deconstruction, asbestos removal etc but with new capabilities in infrastructure, drainage, earthworks and other aspects of civil construction in their search for an ambitious, experienced and driven Project Manager.
This is a brand-new role within the business and exciting time for all those involved with our client. As the high performing management team of the company evolves this is an excellent time to join a top-class Building Service Contractor at the top of their game, commercially and operationally.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Pricing, planning and tendering for a wide range of projects and management of resources within budget while also ensuring that all targets are met.
- Identifying problems/faults in the field, and identification of appropriate solutions.
- Managing project resources including managing and developing efficient work teams.
- Ensuring progress of projects is on track using appropriate technologies.
- Read and interpret building and site plans, and specifications.
- Create and adhere to project programmes and timeframes.
- Prepare in-depth construction project methodologies.
- Lead and motivate teams to meet targets and objectives.
- Liaising with clients and consultants.
- Maintaining the highest standards of safety.
- Advise on strategies for the service improvements and service development
Skills and requirements:
- BEng, NZCE (Civil) or Diploma in Engineering or equivalent or near completion of diploma.
- Experience in all aspects of 3 waters/ water infrastructure projects.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Being adaptable, flexible and having the capacity to cope with multiple issues.
- Commitment to the highest standards of health and safety.
- Be able to command a room with your personality and presence.
- Strong leadership skills and a hunger to be the driving force behind the team.
- Comprehensive and developed communication skills.
- Fluent English written and verbal skills!
- Must have the right to work in New Zealand!
- Must currently reside in New Zealand!
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a highly driven Project Manager with experience in previously working on high profile water infrastructure projects. You will need to be very self-motivated, with the ability to organise and motivate the work force to perform to their full potential.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, between $115-125k per anum + vehicle, dependent on your experience and expertise.
If you would like to find out more about this job, speak to Johnny O’Rourke at Franklin Smith on +6421839812 or alternatively send an updated cv to [email protected]