We currently have an immediate requirement for a Project Manager to work on a commercial fit out project in Central Wellington. You need to have the ability to work to tight deadlines and experience with seismic upgrades. This is a contract role with the programme having approximately four months left to go.
Our client is a tier two main contractor with a history of delivering diverse projects across commercial, education, retail & hospitality, residential & health care. They have been operating for over 30 years and have formed a reputation for high quality and transforming work spaces.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will take the lead on all project matters day to day. You will be a key point of contact for subcontractors, end client and stakeholders, along with making sure the project is kept on budget & within the programme.
The project is a Central City commercial fit out & refurbishment over six storeys with tight confines and spaces. Experience working on projects with seismic upgrades is required as elements of the build incorporate this detail.
The role would initially be for a four month contract with the rate dependent on experience.
Role & Responsibilities: Project Manager
- Proven experience on commercial fit out projects valued upwards of $20m
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Knowledge of local subcontractors and construction legislation & protocols
- Produce detailed reports for upper management
- Develop & form close relationships with clients, subcontractors & key stakeholders
- Work closely with site managers, quantity surveyors and design teams
- Track record of managing multiple subcontractors across numerous storeys
- Experience with seismic strengthening & engineering
- Commercial acumen; the ability to deal with variations and agreeing on final prices/ costs
- Accurately forecasting costs, monitor contracts & manage budgets
If you are Project Manager with a proven background in delivering commercial fit out projects I would love to hear from you. Along with a great project they will offer a competitive rate and scope for further work.
If you have any questions in regards to this Project Manager opportunity please feel free to contact Mick Emery on 09 281 28 62/ [email protected] or apply direct via the below.