National Pre-Contracts Manager | Sydney
2IC to General Manager – Water/Sewer
FRANKLIN SMITH are working exclusively with one of the most recognisable names in the civil infrastructure game as they continue to expand their operations globally and on home soil right here in Australia!
Specialising in a range of infrastructure projects such as water, transport and energy, our client has played a major part in building a better Australia and over the past 25 years, have repeatedly delivered some of the most complex and intricate, multi-million-dollar projects this country has seen to date
With a reputation built on excellence, they now have a truly exciting opportunity for a National Pre-Contracts Manager to come on board and take the business to new levels nationally. Working as a 2IC to the General Manager, you will be heavily involved in the strategic growth of the organisation, specifically the water / sewer arm of the company
Key duties of the National Pre-Contracts Manager:
· Manage estimating function and provide oversight to bid teams.
· Co-ordinate and participate in tender reviews. Ensure the tender process is regularly reviewed to identify opportunities for improvement.
· Prepare documentation and presentation material for prequalification, bids and projects.
· Lead, manage and develop the pre-contracts team. Ensure all Performance Reviews carried out with resultant ‘actions’ implemented after the submission of each tender.
· Ensure detailed tender submissions are compiled and presented for Senior Management Review.
· Ensure handing over successful tenders to the Project Team
· Manage the tendering/estimating process
· Ensure internal estimate reviews are performed with senior management.
· Ensure focus on competitive pricing of all aspects of every tender including supplier and subcontractor pricing.
· Regularly provide feedback on all aspects of the tenders including Construction Methodology, Commercial/Technical Risks & Opportunities, Alternatives, Submission Documentation, Production Rates, Material & Subcontract Enquires and any Programming Requirements, as well as Win Strategies, formatting of proposal documents, and benchmarking.
· Represent the company at the site inspection and in pre-award negotiations with clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
· Assist the Bid Managers to develop appropriate construction methods together with appropriate plant selection and temporary work solutions.
Skills and experience required:
· Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
· 10+ years’ experience in the water, wastewater, sewer and pipeline rehabilitation/remediation sector
· Proven experience in tendering large civil infrastructure projects
Please send your CV to the email above or through the link provided for more information on this exclusive opportunity