We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia.
We aren't the everyday run of the mill agency.
We specialise in searching and selecting technical leaders for highly progressive, innovative and growing businesses. We are experts. We are fast. We make things happen for our clients and candidates confidentially across the world.
Franklin Smith have partnered with an emerging coal mining company who are seeking a Mining Engineer to join an innovative, dynamic team of engineers. With a strong focus on an inclusive, relationship driven culture, this is a rewarding opportunity for a passionate engineer to grow within the company. Our client has welcomed enormous expansion opportunities since their inception and is now extending fantastic career growth opportunities for the right candidate.
With an emerging, agile company comes several benefits including unique projects, flexibility, and a consistently busy environment. An excellent opportunity to hone your technical skills and grow your experience within the mining industry.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in open cut coal operations with the ability to take initiative with minimal supervision. The perfect candidate will have sound understanding of dragline and/or drill & blast design and scheduling.
- Develop and implement mining strategies and mine plans incorporating Drill & Blast and Dragline design
- Develop mine design, planning and scheduling in accordance with Production Plan conditions in a detailed and timely manner
- Apply production performance tracking and monitor and communicate progress to stakeholders
- Build and establish close working relationships with stakeholders
- Utilise data analysis to identify performance trends and improvement opportunities
- Ensure the implementation and compliance of all safety, environmental, and legislative requirements
- Support the development of site budgets and financial forecasts
- Degree qualified in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working in a similar role within an open cut coal mining environment
- Experience in Mine Planning and Scheduling; dragline and drill & blast desirable
- Demonstrated technical engineering skills
- Ability to embrace change and strive in a continuous improvement environment
- Competent in Deswik, Vulcan and/or Spry software is advantageous
- Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills to build and maintain productive working relationships
Please send an updated CV and cover letter via the apply button or contact Kyle Robin for more info on 0416286829.