Franklin Smith currently has a great opportunity for a Mechanical Site Manager to join a leading tier one main contractor that is setting standards for quality & performance across Auckland. They are renowned for delivering a high quality service within the commercial & residential sector, along with diversifying into the retail & leisure spaces.
They now need a mechanical site manager to join one of its Auckland projects on a contract basis as they head towards the finish line for one of its marque projects.
Job title: Mechanical Site Manager/ Building Services Coordinator
Contract type: Contractor (PAYE or GST)
Contract duration: Early 2021 (high possibility for extension)
Start date: Immediate
Salary: $40 – $55 per hour
Project types: $10m – $200m Commercial New Build projects
General day to day will entail managing/ coordinating the day to day of the mechanical & electrical services to ensure timely and effective delivery of service packages and that all subcontractors are fully complying with NZ building codes.
Responsibilities: Mechanical Site Manager
- Good all round mechanical knowledge- ability to run projects from start to finish
- Coordination of all mechanical & electrical services onsite reporting to the Project Manager
- Inspect Construction Activities (safety, compliance, quality) to ensure quality & safety standards are met & documented
- Schedule works to manage labour and maintain excellent productivity
- Makes decisions in the field and coordinate with internal and/or external service providers to ensure that work is completed as planned, permitted and scheduled
- Reviews and submits work orders, progress reports, field changes, as-built records to ensure compliance and company standards and policies.
- Experience working on commercial projects with a main contractor or established subcontractor
- Professional & competent communicator
- Candidates must have valid and up to date NZ work rights
- Relevant Degree (Electrical Engineering) or Trade Qualifications is preferred
If you have any questions in regards to this mechanical site manager opportunity please feel free to contact Mick Emery on 09 281 28 62 or [email protected].