We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia.
We aren't the everyday run of the mill agency.
We specialise in searching and selecting technical leaders for highly progressive, innovative and growing businesses. We are experts. We are fast. We make things happen for our clients and candidates confidentially across the world.
Franklin Smith have now partnered with a leading Tier 2 Main Contractor who are looking for an Estimator to join their highly driven, innovative, professional team.
Our client is a market leader with an extensive portfolio for the most diverse residential, retail and commercial and industrial projects. A truly innovative, privately owned contractor with a flat management structure meaning less bureaucracy and more autonomy to make decisions. An excellent company to join and hone technical skills through exposure to major, high profile projects.
Due to an internal promotion our client is looking for a passionate, driven Estimator to add to their team.
The ideal candidate for this role will be conscientious, with an excellent work ethic to deliver the best solutions for all stakeholders involved. A minimum of 5 years’ experience is required for our client.
- Participate in tender strategy planning;
- Complete quantity take-offs;
- Identify project risks and opportunities and recommend strategies for mitigating risk and exploiting opportunity;
- Lead tender procurement task and assist administrative staff including responding to quota RFI’s;
- Participate in tender review;
- Prepare project budgets and cost tracking files on project award
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management or experience working in trade
- 5+ years’ experience in estimating within Australia
- Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- High level of computer literacy in particular MS Excel, scheduling software and estimating packages
Please send an updated CV and cover letter via the apply button or contact Kyle Robin for more info on 0416286829.