We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia.
We aren't the everyday run of the mill agency.
We specialise in searching and selecting technical leaders for highly progressive, innovative and growing businesses. We are experts. We are fast. We make things happen for our clients and candidates confidentially across the world
Franklin Smith have now partnered with one of Sydney’s most innovative civil infrastructure providers who are now looking to add a Junior Estimator to their expert team of Estimators & Cost Planners.
Our client is a reputable company for successfully delivering some of the country’s most technically challenging projects. With a real understanding that the strength of the organisation lies in its people, our client has a strong track record of coaching, mentoring and developing a talented team of construction professionals resulting in fantastic career progression. An excellent place for young, driven and passionate professionals looking to be a part of a company with significant growth plans.
Due to an internal promotion, the company is seeking to hire a Junior Estimator with over 1-2 years post qualification experience in Australia.
The ideal candidate will be driven, meticulous, and looking to grow within the company. The perfect candidate will have 1-2 years Estimating experience in NSW or QLD.
- Estimate the cost of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
- Manage and control the budget and valuations with the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation
- Support the fulfillment of the programme on time and to the required quality while maximising the gross profit and client’s satisfaction
- Promote our client’s values towards its customer in order to meet or exceed their expectations
- Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner
- Degree in Civil engineering, similar tertiary qualifications or experience working in trade
- 1-2+ years’ experience in estimating within Australia
- Commercial awareness and understanding of financial administration and project costing
- Ability to work to budget and time constraints whilst satisfying quality criteria
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Please send an updated CV and cover letter via the apply button or contact Kyle Robin for more info on 0416286829.