Franklin Smith have partnered up with a specialist contractor with capabilities in the Design, Installation and Maintenance of HVAC Services to find an Intermediate Estimator to join their Christchurch based team!
Industry renowned building services Contractor that have been in business for over 30 years across New Zealand and Australia, they have secured some of the most significant projects in the greater Canterbury region and have a stable pipeline of Design/Installation projects approaching.
A qualified Quantity Surveyor with no less than 7 years’ experience working on HVAC projects across the Commercial and Industrial sector with exposure to both pre and post contract pricing, with a solution focussed attitude and real ability to build and nurture existing relationships with clients and Sub-contractors!
- Estimate the costs of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
- Promote client’s values towards its customer in order to meet or exceed their expectations
- Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner.
- Advise line Manager of improvements / innovation within the company or externally that you become aware of.
- Bachelor’s in Quantity Surveying
- Specific experience/working knowledge of HVAC system design and commissioning
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build/nurture working relationships
- Rights to work in New Zealand without sponsorship
This is an opportunity to not only work on some of the most significant projects happening in New Zealand but to join a company that offer real progression with a supportive and friendly working environment.
For further information or to register your interest contact Johnny O’Rourke at Franklin Smith Construction on 021839812 or email your CV to [email protected].