We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia.
We aren't the everyday run of the mill agency.
We specialise in searching and selecting technical leaders for highly progressive, innovative and growing businesses. We are experts. We are fast. We make things happen for our clients and candidates confidentially across the world.
Franklin Smith have partnered with an established mining contractor who are looking for a Senior Mining Engineer to join their team of experts. Our client’s continual growth has created their need for an experienced coal mining professional to deliver technical expertise, enhancing the operational performance of the site. With multiple significant sites throughout QLD, our client has a proven track record of developing talented individuals, offering excellent opportunities for career progression.
The ideal candidate will have strong site experience in open cut coal operations with the ability to use your own initiative with minimal supervision. The perfect candidate will have 5+ years’ experience as a Senior Mining Engineer and sound understanding of mine design, planning, and scheduling.
- Provide technical support including mine design, planning and scheduling reviews
- Utilise data analysis to identify performance trends and improvement opportunities
- Conduct the analysis of reports and performance tracking to monitor progress and identify cost savings
- Build and establish close working relationships with clients and necessary departments
- Ensure the implementation and compliance of all safety, environmental, and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated experience as a Senior Mining Engineer
- Experience in Open Cut Coal Mine planning and scheduling; ideally Truck & Shovel
- Proven technical engineering skills proficiency
- Degree qualified in Mining Engineering or tertiary related discipline
- Ability to embrace change and strive in a continuous improvement environment
- Well versed in a range of mining software packages
- Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills to build and maintain productive working relationships
Please send an updated CV and cover letter via the apply button or contact Kyle Robin for more info on 0416286829.