Our client is renowned for its professionalism & work ethic when it comes to the Civil & Infrastructure sector in New Zealand. After returning from lock-down with a healthy pipeline of projects they are now requiring Health & Safety coordinator to join its head office in North West Auckland.
The work they carry out includes pilings, retaining walls, foundations, civil structures and slip stabilisation. Our client is a owner operated business so has a real personal touch when it comes to its staff and way of operating.
The role is initially on a fixed term basis for twelve months on a maternity cover basis with the possibility of converting to a permanent position in future.
Key Roles & Responsibilities: Health & Safety Coordinator
- Regularly attend site & project Health and Safety Meetings
- Work closely with the Health and Safety Manager with assessing risks in the work place and implementing appropriate protocols are in place
- Carry out inductions of new employees and preemployment drug & alcohol tests
- Compile & carry out toolbox talks, as necessary
- Support the Health and Safety Manager and Quality Manager in reviewing the businesses H&S related documents (policies, procedures and processes)
- Liaising with the Health and Safety Manager and project teams when it comes to implementing the businesses health & safety protocols with the subcontractors
- Allocate the appropriate PPE for project teams and staff
- Draft and finalise site specific safety plans (SSSP) for all projects
- Monitor all environmental reports associated with specific projects
This is a fixed term contract with a competitive hourly rate on offer.
If you have any questions in regards to this opportunity please feel free to contact Mick Emery on 09 281 28 62 or [email protected] or apply direct via the below.