Franklin Smith are working with this first-rate main contractor who have an un-rivalled reputation in the market. Considered a leading Tier 2 construction company, this company’s staff retention speaks volumes.
If you’re looking for a long-term role then read on!
With over 30 years experience working on projects throughout the Auckland Construction market, they cover off a large variety of projects making no 2 days the same for this Health and Safety Manager. Project typically up to $50million in value.
The role will include but not be limited to:
- Approval of contractors (their H&S policies etc)
- Ensuring each construction site is set up in accordance with the company’s SMS
- Preparing the SSSP for each site using the company template SSSP
- Auditing sites
- Auditing H&S systems and processes being used on each site and within the company
- Attending safety meetings at each site
- Investigating incidents and accidents
- Inducting employees (but not contractors’ workers)
- Implementing and managing employee Health Monitoring Plans and ensuring relevant training and certifications are maintained
- Ensuring the plant and equipment manager properly maintains and certifies relevant plant
- Assisting site staff with hazard management and task analysis
- Convening quarterly company H&S Group meetings
- Reporting to the directors on a regular basis
You will be rewarded with a salary/package in line with your experience.
To discuss the above role in more detail or to enquire about other interesting job opportunities, please contact Tom Kilby on 09 281 2862, alternatively, please e-mail a copy of your CV and covering letter [email protected]