We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia.
We aren't the everyday run of the mill agency.
We specialise in searching and selecting technical leaders for highly progressive, innovative and growing businesses. We are experts. We are fast. We make things happen for our clients and candidates confidentially across the world.
Franklin Smith have now partnered with one of one of Victoria’s leading contractors involved in water who are now looking to add an Estimator to their expert team of Estimators & Cost Planners.
Become a part of this thriving organisation that can offer a stable platform for personal and professional development and exposure to some of Australia’s most well-known projects.
Due to planned strategic growth, the company is seeking an Estimator with over 5 years post qualification experience in Australia to begin working alongside some of the most knowledgeable Estimating Managers in the infrastructure game.
- Participate in tender strategy planning
- Complete quantity take-offs
- Prepare direct cost and overhead item workups for civil construction of urban development projects
- Identify project risks and opportunities and recommend strategies for mitigating risk and exploiting opportunity
- Lead tender procurement task and assist administrative staff including responding to quota RFI’s
- Participate in tender review
- Prepare project budgets and cost tracking files on project award
- Prior experience within Water is essential
- Degree in Civil engineering, similar tertiary qualifications or experience working in trade
- 5+ years’ experience in estimating
- Demonstrated experience in first principles estimating
- Proven understanding of construction methodologies – earthworks, drainage, concrete
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- High level of computer literacy in particular MS Excel, scheduling software and estimating packages
Please send an updated CV and cover letter via the apply button or contact Kyle Robin for more info on 0416286829.