We are FRANKLIN SMITH and we are BRAND NEW in Australia.
We aren't the everyday run of the mill agency.
We specialise in searching and selecting technical leaders for highly progressive, innovative and growing businesses. We are experts. We are fast. We make things happen for our clients and candidates confidentially across the world.
Franklin Smith have now partnered with one of Brisbane’s leading main contractors who are now looking to add an Estimator to their knowledgeable team of Estimators & Cost Planners.
Our client is a vibrant, professional and quality driven main contractor offering very clear opportunities for career progression. Having carried out project management, cost management and advisory services across multiple industry sectors, with a diverse portfolio of projects up to $100m, our clients boasts a prestigious list of clients’ indicative of their stellar reputation for successfully delivering many of the country’s most technically challenging projects.
Due to an internal promotion, the company is seeking to hire an Estimator with over 5 years post qualification experience in Australia.
The ideal candidate will be driven, meticulous, and consultative to clients and stakeholders of the business, a true professional with more than 5 years estimating experience. A sound knowledge of a variety of local subcontractors would be a distinct advantage.
- Estimate the cost of projects in order to meet or exceed the client’s requirements
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
- Manage and control the budget and valuations with the ability to show absolute cost and value reconciliation
- Support the fulfillment of the programme on time and to the required quality while maximising the gross profit and client’s satisfaction
- Promote our client’s values towards its customer in order to meet or exceed their expectations
- Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management or experience working in trade
- 5+ years’ experience in estimating within Australia
- Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Please send an updated CV and cover letter via the apply button or contact Kyle Robin for more info on 0416286829.