My client is a New Zealand based and owned multidisciplinary consultancy company. The range of services they can offer in-house is primarily related to the planning, analysis, design and implementation of infrastructural projects. Expertise includes, but is not limited to; Project Management, Planning, Surveying, Structural Engineering, Construction & Civil Engineering, Land Development, Urban Design, Architecture and Built Environment. Departments are transdisciplinary; a combination of different experts from various disciplines working together to approach a common goal.
My client is seeking an innovative Senior Civil Engineer to design, develop and construct a large variety of projects from conception through to completion. This role is based at the Central Auckland office. You will report to the Land Development Manager. The role is orientated around assisting the Land Development Engineering Design and Survey Team in meeting current targets and workload goals.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies, including site investigations
- Engineering Design using Civil 3D
- Leading meetings and liaising with clients and a variety of professionals, including architects and subcontractors
- Managing budgets and project resources
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- Ensuring the projects run smoothly and are completed within budget and on time – project management
- Taking a leading role in project compliance with legal requirements, especially health and safety
- Undertaking and reviewing complex calculations and compiling job specs and supervision tendering procedures
- Overseeing of construction contracts and contract supervision (where applicable)
- You will liaise with council for resource consents, engineering approvals and building consents
- Oversee and mentor staff
The successful applicant must be ambitious, self-motivated, technically capable, and able to work independently. Current engineers have a flexible role where diversity is encouraged. We have a busy workload ahead of us with many residential subdivisions ready to be designed, small to large. In the role, you will coordinate with other consultants when designing roads, drainage, earthworks, and utility supply.
- A competitive and appealing salary is offered for the right candidate
- 9 day working fortnight (long weekend every second week)
- Central location
- 3% of annual salary towards training and CBD courses
- Membership to Engineering New Zealand is covered
To discuss the above role in more detail or to enquire about other interesting job opportunities, please contact Isen Lasso on 021839639, alternatively, please e-mail a copy of your CV and covering letter [email protected]