My client is a New Zealand based and owned multidisciplinary consultancy company. The range of services they can offer in-house is primarily related to the planning, analysis, design and implementation of infrastructural projects. Expertise includes, but is not limited to; Project Management, Planning, Surveying, Structural Engineering, Construction & Civil Engineering, Land Development, Urban Design, Architecture and Built Environment. Departments are transdisciplinary; a combination of different experts from various disciplines working together to approach a common goal.
My client is seeking an innovative Junior/Intermediate Civil Engineer to design, develop, construct, observe and supervise a large variety of projects. The role is orientated around assisting the Land Development Engineering Design and Survey Team in meeting current targets and workload goals. In the role, you will coordinate with other consultants when designing roads, drainage, earthworks, and utility supply. You will grow into your role as an integral, valued and important member of our team.
Work Activities will include:
- Undertaking technical review of existing services
- Overseeing of construction contracts and contract supervision
- Liaison with Engineering Design CAD engineers, using Civil 3D
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals, including architects and subcontractors
- Assisting with managing budgets and project resources
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- Assisting with ensuring the projects run smoothly and are completed within budget and on time
- Project compliance with legal requirements, especially health and safety
- Undertaking calculations and compiling job specs and tendering
- You will liaise with council for engineering approvals, building consents and inspections
The successful applicant must be ambitious, self-motivated, technically capable, and able to work independently. Current engineers have a flexible role where diversity is encouraged. We have a busy workload ahead of us with many residential subdivisions ready to be designed, small to large. In the role, you will coordinate with other consultants when designing roads, drainage, earthworks, and utility supply.
- A competitive and appealing salary is offered for the right candidate
- Central location
- 3% of annual salary towards training and CBD courses
- Membership to Engineering New Zealand is covered
To discuss the above role in more detail or to enquire about other interesting job opportunities, please contact Isen Lasso on 021839639, alternatively, please e-mail a copy of your CV and covering letter [email protected]