Franklin Smith have been enlisted to recruit a Building Surveyor for one of New Zealand’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies. This company place a genuine focus on staff engagement and as a result provide a market leading service. With rapid progression on offer this is a sought-after position.
Our client is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Building Surveyor who has previous experience working in New Zealand. This role reports to the Manager of Building and Regulatory services and requires the individual to carry out functions associated with the administration of the requirements of the Building Act and its Regulations.
The qualifications and experience required for an experienced Building Surveyor include a construction or design related degree or diploma with a minimum of 5 years’ practical experience. The candidate would also ideally hold or be working toward membership with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and/or the New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors (NZIBS)
Duties will include
- Undertaking inspections, investigations and compliance audits of buildings, building work and places of public entrainment.
- Assisting in the development of solutions to enforcement and compliance issues and preparation of notices and orders.
- Develop and deliver public and industry-based forums and meetings.
- Answer technical and general building enquiries from internal and external customers.
- Establish agreed service levels and monitor personal performance against the agreed levels or measurers.
- Degree/Advanced Diploma qualification – Building Surveyor
- Professional registration and/or considerable progress towards membership with RICS and/or NZIOB
- Well-developed technical knowledge of the Building Regulations, Acts and Codes and experience that demonstrates a capacity to competently fill the role.
To learn more or to see a full job description, please submit your interest via the link above, or alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Jason Goodson at Franklin Smith Group on 092812862 or email your CV to [email protected]