We are excited to have partnered with an industry-disrupting IT company who specialise in creating emerging tech. They currently have offices in NZ, Asia Pacific, and the US and continue to grow quickly.
They pride themselves on their great workplace culture and are continuing to grow their team as they expand their operations in NZ and overseas. They are partnered with some awesome companies, which continue to bring them in a pipeline of work, meaning every day is different and interesting!
About their team:
- Their customers come from all walks of life, and so does their team. They love learning about each other's backgrounds and interests and cherish differing views on the world as they help them to understand others more.
- They're an oddly-mixed bunch, but their people are highly intelligent and extremely passionate about delivering world-class solutions to their customers
- They are not shy of some banter. Since day one they've had a Teams Banter channel and it's used regularly.
- Personal lives and wellbeing matter to them. When their people thrive, the entire organisation thrives so they go a step above to support their team members and ensure they're taken care of.
- They are a tight-knit team who genuinely care for each other’s personal and professional success.
- Awesome tech to play with. They get to work with lots of advanced robotics and toys that most people won't get to see for years.
- Their recent staff survey said that their workplace culture was a key thing their team loves about work and the good news is it's not something they're ever looking to change.
- Commitment to your development. Each team member gets 2 hours dedicated per week, access to their in-house career advisor, and a support crew to coach them along the way.
- They see the value in upskilling their leaders in things like emotional intelligence, empathy, and courageous conversations.
- They are serious about work-life balance, including flexible working. They don’t really like people working overtime, but if you do, they track time-in-lieu to ensure you’re paid for every hour you work.
About the role
Our client is looking for an Intermediate or Senior Data Platform Engineer to join their team. You'll be working across their team in Hamilton and Wellington on exciting data projects for customers.
Specifically, here's a bit more detail on what it takes to be a match for this role:
- At least 1 year's industry experience in modern cloud data platforms (e.g. Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Synapse Analytics, Power BI).
- Experience in building cloud systems that collect and wrangle raw data to surface information to downstream reporting or AI workloads.
- Ability to turn business ideas into technical architecture and data platform solutions, and to explain those to non-technical audiences. You must have good interpersonal skills and the confidence to work directly with clients to understand and meet their needs.
- An eagerness to expand your understanding into other areas of emerging tech including Machine Learning, Software, Infrastructure, and IoT.
Get in touch with John at Franklin Smith on 021 839 812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. All enquiries will be confidential.