Auckland Construction continues to build momentum but it may take a period of time to reach the levels we saw pre-Covid 19. We are expecting to see a rapid rise in the construction industry as sites across the country come back online and ramp back up into full swing. With this shift we are expecting to see a strong surge in the market for hiring. Candidates can expect the market to be competitive and therefore a more tailored approach is needed; being well prepared is key!
A few great inside tips are as follows:
- A strong CV. This is extremely important, in most cases this is also the first touchpoint alongside an email or phone call to a recruiter.
- Good references. We love to hear in person about your past experiences and where you have worked in the past. Having a good list of references will put you in a strong position for placement.
- Knowing your skillset. It’s important to know where your strengths lie, while not overselling the areas where development is still needed. Now more than ever is the time to be honest about where you are in your career. This makes it much easier for recruiters to find the perfect role for you to fit into. Realise which areas of the market are your most productive and how to stand out from the crowd – this could be the difference that get’s you into a great opportunity.
- Applying for the correct role. Once again, applying for roles that are relevant to you and not applying for multiple roles across the board. It can be both challenging and off-putting for a recruiter to see a name multiple times for vastly different roles.
- Be flexible. With such a competitive market, and with many candidates available, being flexible with regards to role type, projects and especially salary expectations, is increasingly important. While you don’t want to sell yourself short, many businesses are still working their way through cashflow constraints which means that they may not be in a position to pay pre-COVID salaries straight away. Be flexible now, and you should be well placed once things return to normal.
- Be honest. We want to get the best results for you; being honest makes things easier for both parties.
Read our top tips here – CV TIPS & TRICKS
We’re excited to see the industry moving forward and growing stronger each day! Jobs might not be available immediately but we are expecting to see a continuing increase in demand. Now is the best time to be getting in touch or asking for advice. We’re here to help and would love to answer any questions you may have. Contact Us Here
For businesses who are still getting back on their feet we do recommend applying for the wage subsidy extension which you can apply for here – Wage Subsidy Extension
What This Means For Finding Work
New Zealand continues to build momentum but it may take a period of time to reach the levels we saw pre-Covid 19. We are expecting to see a rapid rise in the construction industry as sites across the country come back online and ramp back up into full swing. With this shift we are expecting to see a strong surge in the market for hiring. We recommend been well pre-paid as the market is going to be competitive, getting advice and on the ball ready to go is a fast track way to get out in front.
Sign up to Job-Hunters and get in touch with our team to get ahead here – Job Hunters
Our team is here to help! Even if you just want someone to talk to about uncertainties in the current environment or you need advice give us a call and we can help 09 551 6477.
View all of our jobs here – All our available jobs
Are you ready for your next challenge? Speak to one of our recruitment consultants today.